Reckoned as one of the star players in Chennai real estate market, Kolathur is the to-be prime hub of the city. The place is located in the North Chennai region and the land of the perennial Retteri lake that provides water to the entire city. Also, the placement of the area alone is a plus point. Anna Nagar is just 3km from kolathur and the travel distance is just 7km. The inner ring road through Jawaharlal Nehru road leads to the outer ring road taking us to the NH5 that connects us to major parts of the city. The Retteri junctions connect to Perambur, Anna Nagar, Redhills and Madhavaram. The place was considered as a residential suburb, but a few years of commercial development has made Kolathur much more relevant. There are also several schools and hospitals in the area that have been a major USP to the developers who promote apartments in Kolathur for sale
First, there is a high demand for residential apartments in Kolathur. The accessibility of the location might contribute to it becoming one of the fastest growing residential hubs in Chennai. There are nearly 38 different developers in Kolathur at present and half of them are under construction properties. This is because the increase in demand results in an increased supply. According to the latest reports by a private organisation, the number of unsold inventories is lesser in Kolathur, compared to the rest of Chennai.
So, who is interested in buying apartments in Kolathur? The growth seen in this area attracts both investors and end-users. Fast appreciation is predicted in this area by real estate experts;This contributes to the investors-pull. Think about this, the square feet price in Anna Nagar used to be 7000 ₹ 10 years ago, now the square feet price is Anna Nagar is almost 15000 ₹, Kolathur is just 3km (straight line distance) from Anna Nagar. It is true to say that Kolathur would also appreciate at the same rate because of its nearness to the city.
Perfect for families:
- If you are a young family that is looking for a place to buy a home, then Kolathur is apt for you. There are a variety of options to explore as there are budget apartments and luxury flats in Kolathur.
- There are around 20 different bus stops in and around Kolathur that connect to most parts of the city. Villivakkam, Padi, Korattur railways stations are among a few railway stations near Kolathur. There is also a metro station is under construction.
- With commuting not being a problem, there are about 36 schools within a 5km radius of Kolathur. Some reputed schools like Euro kids play school, Everwin matriculation higher secondary school, Don Bosco matriculation higher secondary school, Narayana e-techno school, Bharath N&P school lie in the area.
- It is ideal for families because of the umpteen number of hospitals, clinics and pharmacies in Kolathur. Some notable hospitals like the Kolathur multi speciality and research centre in Kaveri Nagar, DRJ hospital, Sri Kumaran hospital, eye clinics like the Saravana eye hospital make it an emergency-friendly spot.
- Sri Ganga cinemas is a local’s delight as it has modern 3-screen cinema with digital sound and air conditioning. The theatre features all current movies. The Kumaran theatre and the Mookambika theatre are also in the vicinity. Kolathur is the proud bearer of the could-be 1000-year-old temple, the Agatheeswarar temple. It is located opposite to the Ganga theatre and hosts worshipers from all around Chennai.
- The Retta eri (literally translates to Double Lake) is a giving tree that keeps on giving. Water is a resource in a metro like Chennai. When it comes to water being scarce, Kolathur is far from it. The lake is spread over 280 hectares and holds about 110 million cubic tons of water. The Retteri lake runs near Kolathur, provides water to the areas in and around.
- The most famous landmark in Kolathur would be the ornamental fish shops. People from all around Chennai visit these shops to buy ornamental fish and their accessories. The right Ph value of the water contributed to the thriving of the Ornamental fish trade, that dates back to the 1980s.
Is it the right time to buy?
Yes, it is the right time to buy in Kolathur.
→ If you are an investor, you know that the property prices would increase in the next financial year. Even if there is a 100 rs. change per sq. ft. it results in a huge chunk of money rolling out of your pocket for the same property within a month’s time;This scenario also goes for end-users.
→ If you are a first-time homebuyer, there are many flats for you for sale in kolathur and its nearing area poompuhar nagar. It will make you happy, as buying a home is uprooting your entire life to a new surrounding. With the school year ending, this might be the best time to get your kids into their new schools and have a perfect start.
→ If you are looking to buy a property for the rental scheme, yes, Kolathur assures a rental of about 15000 rs. to 20000 rs. for 1200 sq. ft. apartment.
Every Chennaiate’s ultimate dream is to own a home within the city. But the ever-increasing rates have made it impossible to buy that dream-city-home. The city is always expanding;It is only wise to choose a growing suburb that has a certain growth potential and Kolathur sure falls under this category.